Perform a variety of activities to weatherize homes and make them more energy efficient. Duties include repairing windows, insulating ducts, performing energy audits and advising clients on energy conservation measures.
- Inspect building to identify required weatherization measures, including repair work, modification, or replacement by performing pre and post energy audits.
- Training provided to use Minneapolis Blower Door to test infiltration reduction after installing material. Training also provided in home auditing procedures.
- Test and diagnose air flow systems, using furnace efficiency analysis equipment.
- Apply insulation materials such a loose, blanket, board and foam insulation to attics, crawl spaces, basements, or walls.
- Explain energy conservation measures, such as the use of low flow showerheads and energy efficient lighting.
- Install and seal air ducts, combustion air openings, or ventilation openings to improve heating and cooling efficiency.
- Build and install solar screen to reflect sunlight.
- Make minor repairs using basic hand or power tools and materials, such as glass, lumber, and drywall.
- Prepare and apply weather-stripping, glazing, caulking, or door sweeps to reduce energy losses.
- Wrap air ducts and water lines with insulating materials, such as duct wrap and pipe insulation.
- Wrap water lines to water heater.
- Apply spackling, compounding, or other materials to repair holes in walls.
- Clean and maintain tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Contact resident to schedule appointments.
- Explain policies, procedures, requirements, or other related information to residents.
- Maintain activity logs, financial transaction logs, or other records of weatherization work performed.
- Assist supervisor with coordination and supervision of volunteers for Weatherization program.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Osceola Council on Aging.
- Other duties as assigned, to include assisting in times of disaster as needed.