Performs home weatherization work on dwellings. Work involves weatherizing homes to improve energy efficiency. Employees work in two-man crews, performing building construction and related duties and perform other work to reduce energy losses of dwellings. Work requires use of common and specialized hand and power tools. Employees receive instruction for each phase of the work on the job and work is checked by crew chiefs for adequacy.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Replaces incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent lamps.
- Installs low-flow shower heads.
- Air duct sealing to include blower door usage, sealing bypasses, applies caulking and weather stripping, repairs broken glass and sealing ducts. Performs air sealing, duct sealing and the installation of insulation.
- Installs weather-stripping, storm windows, doors and other energy conservation materials.
- Educates clients about energy saving methods and techniques, and informs them about weatherization work performed.
- Completes paperwork and accurately documents material and labor usage.
- Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Possesses excellent oral and written skills to communicate effectively.
- Effectively manages multiple projects at once.
- Easily adapts to sudden and unexpected changes in work assignments.
- Rapid advancement with training.
- Experience: Minimum of one-year experience performing building construction work required.
- Licenses and/or Certificates: Valid driver’s license at the time of application and a valid Florida driver’s license at time of hire required.
- Background: Must Successfully pass background check and drug test.