This position is responsible for transporting clients as assigned. Requires knowledge of the county and the ability to understand and assist our clients.
- Evaluate/Inspect vehicle every day before and after operation. Complete inspection forms and report vehicle condition to the supervisor daily.
- Clean vehicle interiors daily and exteriors weekly.
- Operate a multi-passenger bus, driving several miles every day.
- Follow all traffic laws and maintain client safety at all times.
- Assist clientele by providing door-to-door support, helping clients in/out of the vehicles, operating a wheelchair lift when necessary.
- Complete client rosters on a daily basis. Assist with updates to the routing sequence for client pickups & drop-offs in a most effective and efficient way.
- Maintain open radio communication, and be ready to perform support services and requests as needed.
- Report any incidents immediately to the Supervisor, completing written reports as required.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned, to include assisting in times of disaster, as needed.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Ability to read, write, carry out written and verbal instructions and complete required reports.
- Licensure/Certification: CDL (Commercial Drivers License) with passenger endorsement. Must provide evidence of clean driving record with a 3-year look back (available at the court house).
- Experience: One year driving experience with vehicles similar to those being used. Knowledge of automobile mechanics helpful to assist in the maintenance of equipment. Valid Florida Commercial Driver’s License with P endorsement and clean record.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to relate to and willing to assist our clients as needed. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; and the ability to work with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Sufficient skills to be able to read and write effectively.
- Essential Mental Abilities: Knowledgeable and competent to perform all essential functions.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility and the community, have corrected vision and hearing to the normal range. This position may require occasional bending and lifting subject to specific physical requirements and working conditions as listed in job duties.
- Exposure to Hazards: None
- Other: Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development. Must be proficient in common English.