For many residents in Osceola County, getting to the grocery store or supermarket is not easy. The Osceola Council On Aging offers its shopping transportation services to homebound disabled and/or senior citizens who otherwise do not have a means to travel to a store and purchase life’s necessities. Shopping Transportation Services are provided to residents of our Main Service Areas of Saint Cloud, Kissimmee, and BVL. Shopping Transportation is currently being offered at a “Shared Cost” rate which allows both our clients and the Osceola Council On Aging to contribute to the actual operating cost of the transportation service. There is also a limited amount of DOEA (Department Of Elder Affairs) funding available for those who require additional funding assistance.
Shopping Transportation – Rates:
The Shared Cost Shopping Transportation Rate is simple: $4.00 for each person for round-trip service.
Shopping Transportation – Schedule:
- Monday – BVL
- Tuesday – Saint Cloud
- Wednesday – Saint Cloud
- Thursday – Kissimmee
- Friday – Kissimmee
Shopping Transportation – General Information: • Shopping Transportation Services are offered Monday thru Friday.
- Transportation is provided to Publix and Wal-Mart (alternates every week.)
- Clients are picked up some time between 9:00am and 10:00am.
- Clients are given 1 ½ hours to shop at Publix and 2 hours to shop at Wal-Mart.
- Please carry exact cash or check for the driver; drivers are not required to make change.
Shopping Transportation – Getting Started:
Are you eligible?
These are the questions that we will ask to see if you are eligible for the Shopping Transportation services:
• Are you a resident of Osceola County?
• Are you disabled?
• Are you a senior citizen (60+)
• Do you live in Kissimmee, Saint Cloud, or BVL? – Call us to verify service eligibility.
Be prepared to answer a few questions:
• You will be required to answer basic demographic and emergency contact information for transportation services to be provided. We need this information for your safety and liability purposes.
• Shopping Transportation Coordinator: Maria Cordero ( 407) 846-8532 EXT. 1296
• Transportation Supervisor: Charles Roberts (407) 846-0359
The Osceola Council on Aging is dedicated to maintaining impartiality while providing equal access to the transportation services and programs offered. The Council upholds a pledge of nondiscrimination based on disability, and the Transportation Department will provide reasonable modifications for persons with disabilities. The Council is committed to providing safe, reliable transportation for members of the community who otherwise would not have a means of local travel.
If you would like to request a modification to allow the Transportation Department to better serve you, please contact them by email at ADA@osceola-coa.com or by phone at 407-933-9534. The Council will make every effort to accommodate your needs.