Building Strong Families
Building Strong Families is a community based approach to provide direct health and human services to low-income families with children who are at risk for homelessness due to an economic crisis. The primary objectives of the program are to improve the housing stability by providing case management services to plan and coordinate available resources leading toward self-sufficiency for the family and relieve issues of truancy or dropping out of school for the children.
To make an appointment call 407-846-8532 x231
In general, eligible participants of the Building Strong Families program may receive access to available services, including:
- Emergency Utility Assistance
- Employment Support Services
- Rent & Mortgage Assistance
- Health Services
- Nutrition/Food Assistance and much more.
All participants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a resident of Osceola County Florida.
- Have a household Adjusted Gross Income equal to or less than 200% of the poverty level. (see chart)
- Must have a school-aged child(ren) enrolled in an accredited public, private or parochial school in Osceola County.
- Must be at risk for homelessness and/or in an unstable or transient home environment.