Responsible for day-to-day oversight and supervision of the Home Delivered Meals on Wheels Program, Congregate Dining, and pet food programs.
- Coordinate and conduct community outreach activities and public awareness to promote interest and provide information to support the assigned programs.
- Conduct special events/ fundraisers to include, but not limited to, Meals for Moms, Meals for Dads, Senior Santa, March for Meals, Congregate site events, Golf tournaments, etc.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator for volunteers for meal routes and senior dining.
- Provide supervision and support to the Lead Driver Coordinator for Meals on Wheels and the Senior Dining Congregate Site Supervisor.
- Schedule and coordinate Congregate Meals Advisory Committee meetings.
- Ensure all documentation and records are maintained for monitoring. Follow guidelines as established by SRA for verifying meal delivery.
- Effectively manage the budget for the Nutrition department. Monitor revenues and expenditures in assigned areas to ensure sound fiscal control.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Osceola Council on Aging.
- Other duties as assigned include assisting in times of disaster as needed.
OTHER RELATED FUNCTIONS:
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time 40 hours weekly – office open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, flex-time with supervisor’s approval. Special projects may require some evening, weekend, or Holiday hours.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, social work, nutrition, or related field. Other education and experience may be substituted upon the approval of the CEO. Requires the ability to follow written and verbal instructions and complete required reports.
Experience: Minimum three years of management and supervisory experience, preferably working with seniors. Knowledge of Windows-based applications is required. Must have a clean, valid Florida driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Interpersonal Skills: Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to work with various groups and individuals.
Essential Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods. Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility and community have corrected vision and hearing to normal. This position may require occasional bending and lifting subject to specific physical requirements and working conditions as listed in job duties. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Exposure to Hazards: None