(Part-time) – 10:00am to 3:00pm, Monday through Friday or as scheduled, flex time with supervisor’s approval. May require some evenings or weekend hours for special projects.
Perform administrative tasks and provide support to Guardianship Director and Case Manager. Perform monthly visits of Wards when needed and provide transportation and supervision of Wards to medical appointments as needed.
- Answer all calls that come into the Guardianship Department. Take messages and communicate them to Guardianship Director and or Guardianship Case Manager. Return calls as needed and provide information to those requesting information about guardianship and how to refer someone to the public guardianship program.
- Make initial contact with all referral sources to confirm the receipt of the referral intake form. Obtain further information from referral sources regarding the alleged incapacitated person’s needs, medical condition, cognitive condition, and family dynamics. Schedule initial evaluation.
- Enter referral information into referral log and open a virtual file for all documentation. Print referral intake form and create hard file.
- Upon determining the alleged incapacitated person meets criteria, enter their demographic information into the Wellsky system. Indicate in Wellsky the stage of the referral and maintain the Wellsky system up to date through all stages. Document all contact with referral source and all other interested parties in the Wellsky system.
- Review all mail received. Scan all documents into system. Distribute mail to appropriate person if needed.
- Keep Wellsky system up to date including entering visits or documentation entered into SEM by Guardianship Director and Case Manager.
- Assist with quarterly reviews of Wards medical information and demographics in SEM and Wellsky to ensure all information remains accurate including medication list, support list, contact information, insurance information, etc.
- Apply for governmental benefits on behalf of the Ward.
- Assist with arranging services according to the guardianship plan.
- Assist with arranging and attending physician visits with the Ward when needed. This may include transporting Wards to and from physician appointments.
- Shop for, deliver supplies and/or equipment when needed to Wards.
- Scan and file all documents. Making sure that all Ward files are kept up to date and that all required documents are maintained in the hard file. Keep track of orders approving annual reports.
- Maintain department binder up to date with current Ward information and departmental documents to ensure compliance with the departments contingency plan.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Osceola Council on Aging, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned that are applicable to the job description including assisting in times of disaster as needed.
- Education / Training: High school diploma or GED. Requires the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Licensure / Certification: CNA, MA or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) preferred. Level 2 background screening required.
- Experience: One to two years of experience in Social Work, Social Services or Aging Programs is preferred. Must have knowledge of computer and word processing applications. Must possess valid Florida driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must have excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Essential Technical / Motor Skills: Sufficient skills to be able to read and write effectively.
- Essential Mental Abilities: Knowledgeable and competent to perform all essential functions.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility and the community, have corrected vision and hearing to the normal range. This position may require occasional bending and lifting subject to specific physical requirements and working conditions as listed in job duties.
- Other: Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development.