Conduct a wide range of evaluation/assessments, crisis intervention and case management services with clients and responsible for making appropriate referrals to both in house and community services. This position acts as an advocate for MOW (Meals on Wheels) and Congregate clients. Assists with all aspects of the Nutrition programs and requires the ability to work with considerable independence within the established rules, regulations and procedures.
- Initiate & collects data about clients through interview, case history, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper approach or referral to other agencies.
- Arranges for services as appropriate for clients in crisis condition.
- Establishes and maintains case files, referrals and other related documents for the clients; keeps abreast of client data to ensure appropriate care are delivered.
- Refers clients to appropriate social service or governmental agencies for financial assistance and other required services.
- Attend all training sessions and meeting as scheduled.
- Maintain contact with client according to client’s needs and review plan periodically to ensure appropriateness thereof.
- Compile and maintain progress notes related to service provision and monitoring.
- Responsible for entering data into Crits & Aims.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Osceola Council on Aging, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned, to include assisting in times of disaster, as needed.