(Full-Time) – Office open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, flex-time with supervisor’s approval. May require some evening, weekend, or Holiday hours for special projects. Employee must be able to work off-site at any of the locations in the Planning and Service Area.
Responsible for assessing the needs of Meals On Wheels clients, and making appropriate referrals to both in-house and community services. This position acts as an advocate for Meals On Wheels clients. Assist with all aspects of the MOW program as needed.
- Assess client need and determine eligibility for services as well as appropriate funding source with assistance from MOW Director. Once approved for service, coordinate placement on delivery route. Provide case management services for all MOW program participants.
- Conduct home delivered meals client assessments as referrals are received and maintain a tickler file for reassessments according to compliance guidelines. Create a monthly calendar to ensure compliance with client annual reassessment completion within time criteria.
- Receive and organize authorization requests. Maintain accurate MOW database to include accurate client information.
- Maintain the Meals on Wheels waiting list for service.
- Assist in providing outreach to inform and educate the public about MOW services, OCOA programs and good nutrition.
- Assist in MOW fundraising activities and special events. Assist with compiling monthly in-kind donation sheets.
- Assist with the delivery of Meals On Wheels routes.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Osceola Council on Aging.
- Other duties as assigned, to include assisting in times of disaster as needed.
- Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field. Other education and/or experience may be substituted upon the approval of the CEO. Requires the ability to follow written and verbal instructions and complete required reports.
- Licensure/Certification: N/A
- Experience: Minimum one year experience with seniors preferred. Must have a clean, valid Florida Drivers license and reliable vehicle.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Sufficient skills to be able to read and write effectively.
- Essential Mental Abilities: Knowledgeable and competent to perform all essential functions.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions.
- Essential Physical requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility and the community, have corrected vision and hearing to the normal range. This position may require occasional bending and lifting subject to specific physical requirements and working conditions as listed in job duties.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Exposure to Hazards: None
- Other: Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development.