(Part-Time) – Office open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, flextime with supervisor’s approval. May require some evening, weekend hours for special projects and must be available for holidays. Additionally, the employee must be able to work off-site at any of the locations in the Planning and Service Area in varying temperatures for extended periods of time due to the weather.
Responsible for the coordination of the volunteer drivers for the Home Delivered Meals Program in their area.
- Recruit volunteer drivers.
- Keep an updated volunteer list with names, addresses, phone numbers and date volunteer came to the program.
- Maintain MOW driver contact.
- Make necessary substitutions or accomplish the delivery of MOW route themselves when volunteers are not available.
- Maintain MOW route arrangements.
- Assist with mapping routes for the MOW drivers.
- Coordinate MOW meal drop-off sites.
- Deliver MOW route(s), as needed.
- Maintain MOW records and files as needed to efficiently accomplish the job.
- Distribute donation envelopes and other announcements as requested by the Supervisor.
- Conduct community outreach as needed or requested.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Osceola Council on Aging.
- Other duties as assigned, to include assisting in times of disaster as needed.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED. Must have computer experience and be proficient with Windows based applications. Requires the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Licensure/Certification: N/A
- Experience: Minimum one year experience working with volunteers required. Must have a clean, valid Florida Drivers license and reliable vehicle.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Sufficient skills to be able to read and write effectively.
- Essential Mental Abilities: Knowledgeable and competent to perform all essential functions.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility and the community, have corrected vision and hearing to the normal range. This position may require occasional bending and lifting subject to specific physical requirements and working conditions as listed in job duties. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Exposure to Hazards: None
Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED. Must have computer experience and be proficient with Windows based applications. Requires the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.