Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), provides financial assistance to low-income households in meeting the cost of home heating and cooling to Osceola County residents.
How to Apply:
Apply on-line Using a Computer, Tablet or Smartphone. BEFORE YOU APPLY, make sure the following items are saved to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. If you are using a smartphone or tablet you can take pictures of these items as you go. Without these items, you will not be able to complete the application
- Social Security Cards for everyone in the Household
- ID for all adults 18 years of age & over (ex: Driver’s License, State ID, Passport)
- Birth Certificates for anyone under 18 years of age
- Utility bill (your name must be on the bill)
- Proof of Household Income for all household members
- Last 4 weeks of pay stubs and/or
- Unemployment letter and/or
- Child support Documents and/or
- Government assistance award letter (SSI or SSDI)
- !!! IMPORTANT !!! Any adult (18 & over) without proof of income must complete a self-declaration form
- Click the button below to open the self-declaration form and fill it out (FOR EVERY ADULT with NO INCOME.) You will need to save it to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
You may be eligible if:
- You are an Osceola Resident
- Your Household is at or below the State Median Income (see chart).
- You have a past due utility bill or been recently disconnected (for crisis assistance only).