Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), provides financial assistance to low-income households in meeting the cost of home heating and cooling to Osceola County residents.
As of March 20, 2020, the Osceola Council on Aging is no longer providing in-office services for assistance until further notice. All Community Action Services will be provided via phone or email.
You may be eligible if:
- You are an Osceola Resident
- Your Household is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty level (see chart).
- You have a past due utility bill or been recently disconnected (For Crisis assistance only).
How to Apply:
- Apply on-line Using a Computer, Tablet or Smartphone
BEFORE YOU APPLY ONLINE!!!
You will need to have the following ready and saved to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Make sure the following items are saved to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. If you are using a smartphone or tablet you can take pictures of these items as you go. Without these items, you will not be able to complete the application
- Social Security Cards for everyone in the Household
- ID for all adults 18 years of age & over (ex: Driver’s License, State ID, Passport)
- Birth Certificates for anyone under 18 years of age
- Utility bill (your name must be on the bill )
- Proof of Household Income for all household members
- Last 4 weeks of pay stubs and/or
- Unemployment letter and/or
- Child support Documents and/or
- Government assistance award letter (SSI or SSDI)
- !!!IMPORTANT!!! Any adult (18 & over) without proof of income must complete a self-declaration form
- !Click the button below to open the self-declaration form and fill it out (FOR EVERY ADULT with NO INCOME.)You will need to save it to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Click the button below to start the application process