If you are living in a Central Florida household with at least one resident who is age 60 or older, you may be eligible for energy bill payment assistance.
The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program for the Elderly (EHEAP), a 100% federally-funded program, helps eligible seniors pay energy bills in an emergency by granting up to $3,500 per year while funds are available. These funds do not need to be paid back.
What Is Included?
Utility categories eligible for heating/cooling bill assistance include electricity, natural gas, wood, and propane.
Benefits may be used for:
- Payments to disconnected, delinquent, or past due energy bills
- Deposits to connect or restore energy
- Late fees and disconnect/reconnect fees
- Repairs and/or replacements to HVAC systems (services may be limited due to availability of vendors)
How Do You Qualify?
- The applicant must be age 60 or older. Energy bills do not need to be in the elder’s name to qualify, but he/she will need to provide proof of residence, such as a driver’s license or other identification.
- The home must be located in Osceola & Orange Counties.
- The applicant must meet the income requirements. (See chart below)
- The applicant must be experiencing a home energy crisis (disconnected, delinquent, or past due).
- The applicant must not have received assistance within the past 6 months. (Effective 10/24/23)
Due to a lack of funding, we are limited in the number of applications we can process.
Applicants may only apply once every 6 months.
Osceola County Residents please call 407-933-9540 every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 9am.
Orange County Residents please call 407-933-9540 every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 9am.
Please go to the following websites for other options of Energy Assistance:
Orange County LIHEAP- https://www.orangecountyfl.net/FamiliesHealthSocialSvcs/EnergyBillAssistance.aspx
Osceola County LIHEAP- http://osceolagenerations.org/low-income-home-energy-assistance-program/