(Part-Time Monday-Friday /No Weekends or Holidays)
To assist with providing therapeutic, social, and health activities to adults who have functional impairments, in a protective environment that provides as non-institutional an environment as possible.
- Assist supervisor with obtaining clients daily/weekly/monthly vital signs and weights. Report any abnormal findings immediately to supervisor.
- Assist clients with personal hygiene, toileting, feeding, transferring or ambulatory needs, including use of wheelchair, walker and crutches.
- Assist client with maintaining optimal functioning by encouraging and promoting independence. Provide assistance based on client disability/limitation. Assist with passive range of motion and exercises, when indicated by physician, nurse or physical therapist.
- Escort clients to and from the dining area for breakfast, lunch and snack. Help to serve the noon meal along with the morning and afternoon snacks.
- Assist the Recreational Activities Coordinator with activities as well as conduct one to two activities per day. Also, when not conducting an activity, assist clients on a one-to one basis who require help so they may participate in program activities.
- Assist elderly Hispanic non-English speaking clients to communicate their needs for daily living by assisting as an interpreter when applicable.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Osceola County Council on Aging, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned that are applicable to job description including assisting in times of disaster as needed.