To assist with providing therapeutic, social, and health activities to adults who have functional impairments, in a protective environment that provides as non-institutional an environment as possible.
- Assist supervisor with obtaining clients daily/weekly/monthly vital signs and weights. Report any abnormal findings immediately to supervisor.
- Assist clients with personal hygiene, toileting, feeding, transferring or ambulatory needs, including use of wheelchair, walker and crutches.
- Assist client with maintaining optimal functioning by encouraging and promoting independence. Provide assistance based on client disability/limitation. Assist with passive range of motion and exercises, when indicated by physician, nurse or physical therapist.
- Escort clients to and from the dining area for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Help to serve the noon meal along with the morning and afternoon snacks.
- Assist the Recreational Activities Coordinator with activities as well as conduct one to two activities per day. Also, when not conducting an activity, assist clients on a one-to- one basis who require help so they may participate in program activities.
- Assist elderly Hispanic non-English speaking clients to communicate their needs for daily living by assisting as an interpreter when applicable.
- Responsible for greeting patients, employees, volunteers and visitors as they enter the facility, taking temperatures, asking screening questions and providing information and assistance when necessary.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Osceola County Council on Aging, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned that are applicable to job description including assisting in times of disaster
- Education/Training: Must be a C.N.A. with High School Diploma or GED. Ability to read and write, carry out written and verbal instructions and complete required reports. Proficient in common English.
- Licensure/Certification: C.N.A.
- Experience: Must be able to communicate with the elderly and understand their needs. One to two years experience working with seniors preferred with the proven ability to provide a comprehensive care program to the frailest of clients. Also, must be able to effectively organize and maintain accurate records.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Sufficient skills to be able to read and write effectively.
- Essential Mental Abilities: Knowledgeable and competent to perform all essential functions.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility and the community, have corrected vision and hearing to the normal range. This position may require occasional bending and lifting subject to specific physical requirements and working conditions as listed in job duties.