Osceola Council on Aging Community Services
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), provides financial assistance to low-income households in meeting the cost of home heating and cooling to Osceola County residents.
There are three categories of LIHEAP assistance:
Home Energy Assistance…
helps eligible households in meeting the cost of home energy. An emergency or crisis is not eligible for this category of assistance. If you have received home energy assistance in the last 12 months, you are not eligible.
helps eligible households in immediate danger of losing or has lost access to needed home energy.
Weather Related Assistance…
is utilized upon declaration or order by the Department of Community Affairs, Governor or President that a crisis or emergency exists due to weather related conditions.
Call for an appointment - 407-933-9540 - Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, starting at 2pm.
You may be eligible if:
- You are an Osceola Resident
- Your Household is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty level (see chart ).
- You have a past due utility bill or been recently disconnected (For Crisis assistance only).
- Please note that priority will be given to the "vunerable population" to be served before the general population. Customers who do not fit within the “vulnerable population” guidelines will be served after all of the applicants who meet the criteria for “vulnerable population” have been considered and only if appointments are available.
- Criteria for vulnerable population:
- 60 years of age or older
- Families with children age 5 yrs old and under
What you need to bring:
- Social Security Cards for everyone in the Household
- ID for all adults 18 & over
- Utility bill (must be authorized user )
- Proof of Household Income
- Last 4 weeks of paystubs and/or
- Unemployment letter and/or
- Child support Documents and/or
- Food stamp or any Government assistance award letter (SSI or SSDI)
- Any adult without proof of income must be present to sign a self declaration letter.